Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Easier said than done dr. If none of the symptoms are related

Easier said than done dr.

If none of the symptoms are related to herpes what symptoms would be of concern

Further would I be able to send u a picture of what I think might be red spots and see if u have any opinion

Thanks again for u compassion.

How much longer do I need to bare this horrible feeling

Also I think I inadvertently hit the sad face on a rating. How can this be corrected as u have been timely and helpful in all of your replies

Thx
Was that negative rating on our other page? As for the picture, you can post it on this page or at Snapfish, Photobucket or Imageshack and give me the link
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry about rating. Hit sad face in error

You've been great. It's me. I'm out of my mind with worry. Can't think straight. You did say none of the symptoms I mentioned were herpes related type symptoms. Can u share with me what might be?

Also I will try and snap a picture but not so good with technology

Also I'm tiring very quickly no stamina

Pains in lower abdomen and a general feeling of weakness

When will I know what is up w me
Paul--any fever at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Don't think so. At least not at the moment. May have had one earlier in week
And did you say you weren't sleeping well this past week?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Of course now I feel like I have a sore throat. But also drank a cup of coffee which might account for it. No headache but Can't concentrate legs feel like rubber no appetite and feel shaky and on edge. Also can't figure how to attach photos from my phone
Sorry Paul--I was off. Let me know when you're back on
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm back. Actually slept a few hours last night. Major complaint is stomach and intestinal discomfort.

No red spots when I checked this am

Wonder the affects of stress anxiety and depression on digestion and the body in general.

Still mentally fuzzy and eyes feel dry. Wonder about dehydration.

I'm just a mess.

6 days from the most foolish act of my life. With no visible symptoms but feel emotionally exhausted.

Given 6 days down what is probability they will appear at all?

Thanks doc. I must be you number 1 nurotic
Actually, no Paul, you don't come close to that level. Let me ask you this--how can I convince you that none of this would have anything to do with herpes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I wish I knew for both our sakes. Lol

I'm so focused and petrified of the possibility as I have much to lose.

Married (in case you couldn't have guessed with 2 beautiful daughters) and a very prominent professional position.

Obviously adds to the anxiety and stress level.

What can u tell me that would ease my troubled mind.

Where did u grow up? Go to school? U married? Kids?

Married once, no kids, University of Virginia. How long will it be until you can get screened for herpes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Don't know. This is obviously a volatile situation. If I go to dr it is covered on insurance and visit will show on invoice that goes to home. Wife pays bills and will doubtlessly ask questions

And second. I'm deathly afraid of the answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
By the way. Great school. I was a gtown guy. They wouldn't let me into UVA lol
Wahoo wa. When can you get screened?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I address these issues?
You can go to an out of network doctor in say an urgent care or walk-in clinic and pay for the test out of pocket. While I understand your fear of the results, unless you do get screened, and I'm sure you'll be negative, you won't ever be able to handle the uncertainty. Just bit the bullet and get screened either this week or the next and get it over with so you can go on with your life
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How long do results general take after a screening and what is involved in the process.

Also any guess on likelihood of symptoms showing up from here out meaning what percentage of cases appear after a week from potential exposure ?

And by the way. Your logic is difficult to refute
Just a blood draw and the results should be back within five days. Usually the typical outbreak, if it's going to occur, happens in the one to two week period after exposure
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi Dr

Paul again ....still hanging in there

8 days past exposure no lesions...what is the typical chronology of exposure to infection to lesions?

do u need to have a break in the skin for the virus to penetrate? also if you get lesions do they appear where the virus entered the body or is it random?

also have you ever seem herpes on the scrotum? is that common/uncommon?

Typically it's one to two weeks after exposure if it's going to happen since like I told you before sometimes people don't have the first outbreak for months or longer. No, you don't need a break in the skin for infection. The lesions appear where the contact was made. Yes I have seen the outbreak on the scrotum but usually it's on the penis or just outside the base of the penis.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how does the virus penetrate the skin?

I ask about the scrotum only because I seem to be feeling a tingling in it since yesterday morning ....would that be alarming?

is it encouraging that no lesions have appeared thus far with no fever sore throat etc? or is it still entirely too early?

Why are you obsessing on details here? This virus just has the ability to penetrate intact skin. Tingling could be the first sign of an impending outbreak. Since as I said, some people don't have their first outbreak for months or longer, not having an outbreak really doesn't say anything
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry dr just trying to get through and feel good about each day with no signs

need help staying positive

I rely a great deal on our original exchange where you thought my chances of infection were very low

only think that keeps me sane as of late

I understand Paul but going over details with me only really fuels your anxiety. I truly believe you aren't infected but only a negative screening will stop your obsessing about it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I took a blood test yesterday

started to panic about it and just went

no results until tomorrow afternoon

Good for you--let's close this page with a rating and you can let me know the results on a fresh page
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok wish you were a little confident in the results but I guess it is what it is now...

I can't in good conscience tell you there's no chance but if it were me I wouldn't be worried
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if your being honest that's the best I could ask for given your training and knowledge

been a long haul Dr that's for taking it with me

And I'll always be with you Paul