Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.

How long after smoking the drug P would it safe or reasonably

How long after smoking the drug P would it safe or reasonably be safe to have a surgical operation on your arm shoulder to repair torn ligaments
Category: Health
Expert:  Chris C. replied 8 months ago.

Chris C. :

Are you talking about "p" as in pure methamphetamine or "p" is in marijuana as both names are XXXXX XXXXX XXX Zealand.

Customer:

"P" as in pure methamphetamine

Chris C. :

The more of the drug you use, the longer it will take your body to get rid of it. The liver can only detox a certain amount of the drug at a time. The more times in a day you use meth, the higher your total amount of ingestion is, even if it's at a lower dose per use. Again, this slows down the time it takes for your body to process all of it out. The occasional user will be clear in 3-4 days and the chronic user can take up to 10-12 days for it to clear the system and be safe to have a surgical procedure.

Chris C. :

P is metabolized quickly with a short half-life and anything over a week should be cleared unless you are a heavy user.

Customer:

The user smokes P two or three times in succession per week and has done for 5 years, would you consider that to be a heavy user

Chris C. :

Yes that would be a heavy user.

Chris C. :

So 2 weeks would be needed to clear.

Chris C. :

Safely.

Customer:

Thank you appreciated I will rate and finish off later in the day

Chris C. :

You are very welcome! Thanks for your question! Have a great evening!

Chris C., Nurse
Experience: Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.