Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

Ok. But are there not 2 portions to the test? One whether you

Ok. But are there not 2 portions to the test? One whether you have the virus and one if you have the anti-bodies? The nurse told me that I got the virus in the last 12 months. Somehow she could tell that from the test. Can you explain if this is true or not?

I have read your previous question.

HSV2 test is of two types

HSV 2 IgG and HSV2 IgM

HSV2 IgG detects past infection.

HSV2 IgM dectects current infection.HSV2IgM antibodies usually are detectable by herpes blood tests within 7-10 days after initial infection, and levels stay high for approximately two weeks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So if my IGM came back 0.9 what does that mean? And there is no possible way I could have contracted it in the last 7-10 days. I haven't had intercorse.

The lab we use has a normal Range Negative : < = 0.90

So by this range your result is negative.But your doctors should read the report in reference to your lab normal range.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So then why even a reading of 0.9? Is it even possible to come back 0.0? What exactly does 0.9 mean?
The ELISA machine reads absorbance.

Optical density of a material is a logarithmic ratio of the radiation falling upon a material, to the radiation transmitted through a material.

So even for a negative sample this values can come upto 0.9.

When we run ELISA samples we can see the colour formation in the microwells used in ELISA.
The darker the colour chances of strong positive are there.
The machines basically reads the colour formed in the microwells.