Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hello, My friend has a small hard lump on his testes that is

Hello, My friend has a small hard lump on his testes that is not movable. He says it has grown slowly & is the the size of a grain of rice. Is this something that he should worry about & is it in any way 'normal' or a cause for worry?
Hi. Of course, if this is actually inside the testis, then cancer has to be considered. That said, this sounds more like a small varioccele--a bit of twisting of one of the matrix of veins that are also in that area, and that isn't anything at all serious. I would suggest, though, that he have a doctor evaluate this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX helped a lot - I will encourage him to seek a medical examination to find out if it a small varioccele or clarify if it is inside the testes - I'm sure your answer so far will put his mind at rest considerably.

Any time Jane but let me know how he does and please remember to rate my service to you