Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

I have a lump on my left thats 1.5 centimeters and

I have a lump on my left breast that's 1.5 centimeters and a few painful areas around the top of my left boob. I have an ultrasound scheduled for a week from today but want to know what it could be?

There are different possible explanations for the lump that you have felt. If course the main potential concern would be malignancy--- hence the diligence and testing here... Most likely especially considering your age it will not be a malignancy! It most likely will be found to be a fluid filled cyst as a part of fibrocystic breast changes... This is a common problem and may occur frequently in both younger and older women ( childbearing years) the ultrasound is best test to distinguish a solid vs cystic lump.

Other possible causes if a lump may include an enlarged lymph node and fibroadenoma( this would be being but solid type lump)

I know that this scenario creates a lot of anxiety . I hope that your fears will soon be alleviated! Let me know if you have other questions. I will be happy to get back with you! If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback . That would be much appreciated! Thank you and best regards!

Anthony Bray MD