911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician
19155615

how does one prove pain when unable to continue work due to

how does one prove pain when unable to continue work due to soft tissue rheumatoid arthritis ( diagnosed by a rheumologist)

911Doctor :

I assume you are asking about proving pain for the purposes of disability.

911Doctor :

There is no test for pain, but there are physicians called Occupational Physicians or Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation physicians whose specialty includes making the call on disability.

911Doctor :

If you are running into this particular problem, your rheumatologist might or might not feel comfortable stating that due to pain you are unable to continue in your current job.

911Doctor :

If he does not feel comfortable doing this then you should ask him what kind of doctor you need to see in order to 'prove' this to the satisfaction of your employer or the Canadian government.

911Doctor :

I am standing by if you have questions for me.

911Doctor :

I do not see you in the chat. I am going to switch to the Q and A format to facilitate this discussion. If your question has been adequately answered I do so appreciate positive feedback. If you have further questions or desire clarification simply type your response in the box below and click ‘reply’ and I will be back with you as soon as I can.

Should you need my assistance in the future simply start your question with ‘for 911doc only’.

Thank you