Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

For about 2 months my index finger has been swollen and i have

For about 2 months my index finger has been swollen and i have done series of test including Full blood count, Uric acid test, xray and MRI.

My doctor suspects Rheumatoid Arthritis but i need a second opinion.

The pain is sometimes intense and i no longer have full range of motion on my finger. Prior to this development i have been having wrist pain on and off for about 18 months. Now they kinda like work hand in hand. Anytime the finger pain is intense the wrist pain also gets intense.
Hi--does this involve the entire finger or just one or more joints in it? Have you had a rheumatoid arthritis screen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I haven't had a screen and it affects only one joint

OK. Given your symptoms and some--albeit subtle changes--shown in the MRI, I think it is likely you have RA and you need an initial screen that includes sed rate, C reactive protein, Rheumatoid Factor, and Antinuclear Antibody. Even if that screening were indeterminate, I would have you see a rheumatologist for further testing
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so am i to see a rheumatologist before doing a screen or should i do a screen and get back to you with the results.

Your doctor can do the screen first and you can let me know the results on a new question page
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A new question page implies additional payment right?

Well, we can continue on this page when you get the results but I would ask that you rate my answer above
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i would prefer to keep this page open.

I will definitely rate your answer

No problem--just come back to this page when you can