Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

i have pain in my shoulders and my doctor will not give me

i have pain in my shoulders and my doctor will not give me anything but tramadol which does not work. how can i get something that will?
Category: Health
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 11 months ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Since how long are you being diagnosed for arthritis?
What is the level of pain on scale of 1-10?
Any other known medical illness?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i have had arthritis for 12 years but it is getting much worse. right now the pain is about a 9. no other illnesses i have had

Dear XXXXX
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

Arthritis is a form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints.But, there are many kinds of arthritis,each with different symptoms and treatments.Most types of arthritis are chronic.

The main treatment of arthritis is nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS).These are anti-inflammatory drugs that can also relieve pain and stiffness.Low dose corticosteroids like prednisolone may be required.Also medications like Glucosamine and Chondroitin may be prescribed.

The goal of treatment is relief of discomfort and stiffness.

You may be prescribed with medications like Vicodin.It contains acetaminophen and hydrocodone & will provide you great relief from the pan. Other option is Darvocet. It contains acetaminophen and propoxyphene.Also you can be prescribed with ultram.

As the pain is very severe now,I advice you to go to ER now as you may need shots for the pain relief & then prescribed with these oral medications.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, Experienced Family Physician