Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States

i feel an extremely strong burning sensation on my chest and

i feel an extremely strong burning sensation on my chest and stomach, starting on my throat and going all the way down to my stomach. I also feel my guts inflamed. When I pass gas it burns. My abd is tender and very sore
Hello, have you had any tests in the past, for example gallbladder ultrasound or upper endoscopy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had upper endoscopy about 10 years ago and was dx with gastritis
Do you have any diarrhea or constipation? When you pass gas are you referring to belching or passing flatus?
Will continue in the morning.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had some diarrhea, and lots of cramps. My abd is sore snd my upper GI burns like fire. About the gas, is more passing flatus than belching.
It sounds like you have two separate problems. The upper symptoms of burning most likely are related to Gerd which is reflux of gastric acids into the esophagus. This can be treated with acid blockers. You may try Prilosec which is over-the-counter to see if you have any response. If not then you should see a gastroenterologist for evaluation.

The abdominal cramps and diarrhea suggests irritable bowel syndrome assuming there is no blood in the stool which you did not mention. For this you would need to have other problems excluded such as colitis. I would suggest you try increasing the amount of fiber and bulk in your diet and see if that helps. If not there are certain medications that your doctor may prescribe to ease the abdominal cramps. If you have any other questions let me know.
Reply if you need clarification or follow up questions.
If done for now, please leave positive feedback below the chat box.