Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have a bump/lump on my extreme upper/central abdomen that

I have a bump/lump on my extreme upper/central abdomen that has been there for at least a month and is not going away. It may have slightly increased in size although it may just be that I have become more aware of it. Depending on how I am sitting or lying, sometimes it appears to be hard to the touch and other times soft. It appears to be just under the skin and not too deep into the abdomen. It only hurts when I have been touching and pressing on it a lot which I have lately because I've been trying to figure it out. It probably has the diameter of nickel. There are no other lumps and I have no other symptoms.
Hi--when it's soft is it possibly to push it entirely into your abdomen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

OK Sherra. Then this isn't an abdominal wall hernia and it would be an unusual location for that anyway. This is most likely a benign cyst that is nothing serious but it isn't likely to resolve on it's own. It may get larger in time and if it bothers you it can be easily excised under local anesthesia.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So unless it gets much larger or begins to become too bothersome, it would be ok for me to just watch it.? As it is, I can deal with it. I did not want to make an unnecessary/expensive office visit, but I did not want to ignore, if it needed to be checked out either. Thanks for your thoughts.

You can just watch it. These really only become a bit of a problem if they get infected and then they have to be drained