Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

what type of doctor will treat patients with staph infection

what type of doctor will treat patients with staph infection and a heart murmur?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

When did the pimples start developing?

Did he take any treatment for those so far?

Do they look like acne which develop in young age?

Is there any pus/ discharge?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The pimple looking sites have been going on for about 2 years now. they have some discharge, but the white spot that won't come out when push on the spot eventually turns green like color. my son continues to push and pick at the site untile he makes it bleed, and then the hole is in his skin. He was an IV drug user, and shared needles when he was shooting heroine. my sister in law is a chiropractor, and she did a live blood anaylysis on him lastnight. she said he had a ton of mold in his blood!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The only treatment has been neosporine, and acne wash and toner. Nothing has worked to clear up the spots and they are not only on his face but neck, arms and torso.

Thank you Michele, for the information,

In case of an infection of the skin, it is advisable to consult an infectious disease specialist.

The infectious disease specialist can determine whether it is staph or fungus.

He can take culture, skin scrapings for tests.

But I would suggest to consult a dermatologist or skin specialist too.

Acne can appear in other parts besides face.

Over the counter acne creams may not help always, he may need prescription grade ointment, oral antibiotic or other medicine.

I hope this information helps.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent. If you want to click poor or bad service, please stop & feel free to reply & ask till you are satisfied.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification. I hope to work with you again soon!
Regards.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Since he does not have insurance, who should I go to first, the dermotologist or the infectious disease doctor? I don't have much money to spare, and want to make sure this isn't something which can be harmful to his health if I keep procrastinating on which type of doctor to go to!

thanks!

You are always welcome.
I would suggest to take an examination by dermatologist first.

He can visit a free clinic, if he like.

If one does not have insurance, one can visit one of the centers run by the Health Resources and Services Administration.

They provide affordable quality healthcare to people without insurance.

You can find a health center near you by clicking the link below
http://www.hrsa.gov/
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I will make a dermatolgist appointment right away! Thank you for satifying my need for an answer about which type of doctor to approach first with my question on my son's health! I am happy to pay the money it has cost me to get this advice from a professional!

Michele

You are always welcome.

If you are satisfied, please leave an excellent rating.

We are only paid for our time & expertise after you put a positive rating like good or excellent.

Good luck.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience