Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

My question is complicated but here we go My 12 year old

My question is complicated but here we go
My 12 year old daughter recently was out walking and all of a sudden lost feeling in her arms legs and face and fell to the ground we rushed her to the er and where told that her blood sugar was a little high at 115 but after blood tests and ekg she looked ok and to follow up with her doctor the following day. We did this and the doctor said it might be anxity but ordered a thyroid test that came back normal......now for the past week she is pale, low energy,and low temp but feels hot to the touch....she has always been healthy other than stomach achs that we solved by removing gluten from her diet ...i have a wheat allergy and so it became a lifestyle change we all made.... not sure what the next step is and what i can do to help her

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Did she lose consciousness? Was there any convulsion?

How is her hemoglobin? blood counts?

Did she have urine test?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No she did not loose consciousness ...they took blood at the hospital and said everything was good and yes they did a urin test and it was fine

Did she have any stress or incident before feeling that sensation & falling to ground?

Do you know the hemoglobin level or count?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No stress or incident and i do not know the levels they just said the blood work was fine

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Her temp last night was 95.4

Thank you for the information,

From the history & tests, it seems she had a presyncopal attack.

Syncope is a temporary loss of consciousness due to transient loss of blood supply to the brain.

In presyncope there is sensation of fainting & dizziness without loss of consciousness.

Anxiety, stress can cause it as her doctor has suggested.

However, the pallor, low temperature can be due to other causes.

Anemia is a common cause for pallor but as her blood count, hemoglobin, urine are all normal, it is unlikely to be the cause.

Low thyroid state can cause low temperature but doctor has checked it.

Sometimes an infection can be there & it may not manifest initially.

At this stage, as she is still not feeling good, I would suggest to repeat the tests like hemoglobin, blood counts, urine & have a repeat examination by doctor.
I hope this information helps.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent. If you want to click poor or bad service, please stop & feel free to reply & ask till you are satisfied.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification. I hope to work with you again soon!
Regards.