Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I woke up feeling dizzy today. It doesnt feel like the room

I woke up feeling dizzy today. It doesn't feel like the room is spinning or anything, it only feels like the dizzyness is in my head and my body. It's almost pulsating or comes in waves, if that's a way to describe it, either with sudden movement or turning my head etc, and also if I close my eyes.
I've had lots of water today, a good amount of food and I don't feel sick and I haven't been sick. I tried to do some light exercise a couple hours ago in hope that maybe it was some kinda low blood pressure thing...but it only made it worse. I normally sometimes have near-fainting episode if I stand up for too long...but this feels different, I don't feel like I'm about to faint. What could this be?
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Do you have fever?
Are you on any medications?
Any significant past medical illness?
Are you a male or female?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No fever, no medications at the moment. No significant past illness. I'm a female.

This can be Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). Please read symptoms of it in this authentic resource;

Internal ear disease vertigo is termed true vertigo in which one feels rotational movement of self or the surroundings. The false vertigo or nonvertigo has feeling of light-headedness, unsteadiness, motion intolerance, imbalance, etc.

BPPV many times resolves itself (spontaneously), so many times no medications are required. But if it persists, Vestibulosuppressant medication may be needed.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. Once you are satisfied, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

The other possibility of diagnosis to consider would be cervicogenic vertigo:

Cervicogenic vertigo has feeling of unsteadiness predominantly on the neck and head movements.

It is privilege assisting you.