Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hi Doctor, I had protected with a worker in london.

Hi Doctor, I had protected sex with a sex worker in london. The intercourse was very short probably 10 seconds and when i exit there was some blood on the condom. I confronted her and she said that she had been to the doctor about it and he said that it happens some times.

Moreover she said that she had tested clean for stds.

Do you think for my piece of mind should test? Was this a high risk exposure?
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question.

Good to hear that you have you have used condom at times of sex, with unknown person.

Well, The correct use of condom reduces the risk of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including diseases transmitted by genital secretions, and to a lesser degree, genital ulcer diseases. Also condom are highly effective in preventing the sexual transmission of HIV. And condoms provide an essentially impermeable barrier to particles the size of STD pathogens.

But Herpes virus infection can spread by contact with skin not covered by the condom. Herpes virus also can be spread without any actual exchange of body fluids, before penetration. Similar transmission can occur with the viruses that cause genital warts .

Condoms are not 100% safe, but if used properly, will reduce the risk of sexually transmitted diseases, including AIDS.

Also most experts believe that the risk of getting HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases can be greatly reduced if a condom is used properly.
Explaining this in other words- sex with condoms isn't totally "safe sex," but it is "less risky" sex.

As such, chances of getting STD are slim or very low.
Yes, one may have may sometimes notice blood after such activity.
As condom, was worn at times of sex, so chances of getting STD are very slim.

To be on safe side, and for peace of mind, you can get it checked from your doctor.
Though chances of getting STD are slim.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the intercourse being very limited (10 seconds) doesnt play a role?

this happened 2 weeks back.

Do you thing that i should have taken Post Exposure Perscription (now a bit late for that:( )

Dear XXXXX,
I understand your concern and worry after such incident.

Yes, a very small protected intercourse would again, slim the chances for getting STD.
As such, i don't feel that you may have got STD.
So, there would no reason for Post Exposure Prophylaxis(PEP) treatment.

For peace of mind, you can discuss this issue with your doctor.
Take care.