Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

If you get a headache that is right between the eyes, and is

If you get a headache that is right between the eyes, and is not relieved by tylenol or advil, is that likely a sinus headache? I get them frequently, my nose doesn't seem stuffed, but the pain can be quite piercing.
Hi--how long do these last?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Generally for hours...sometimes all day.

OK Marsha. These could be sinus headaches but usually that pain is higher up in the forehead rather than right between the eyes. Sinus headaches from sinusitis usually last more than just one day. These sound more like possible tension headaches from neck muscle spasm or perhaps a variant of a migraine headache. If you've never talked about this with a doctor you should because there are medications that are specific to these other headaches and very effective