Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician

I have a red rash by the area Im nit even sure if

I have a red rash by the vaginal area I'm nit even sure if it's a rash at first I thought i had a cut down there because when I wash down there when I'm in the shower the soso would irritate it, but i was hoping someone could tell me what it is.
Welcome to and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Are you sexually active?
Is there any discharge from vagina?
Is there foul odor or itching in vagina?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am sexually active, there is discharge and it itches somtimes but the itching isn't serious
Dear Jasmine
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The symptoms you have described can be due to a condition called vaginitis.Swelling & soreness of vagina is called vaginitis that is inflammation of the vagina.Its most common causes are bacterial vaginosis,yeast infections,trichomoniasis and chlamydia infection.

Most probable cause seems here to be infection & sexual intercourse can be the aggravating factor.

The skin of the vulva is sensitive to the vaginal environment and hormonal,metabolic and allergic influences.

Apply ointment vagmycin vaginal cream.It is a broad spectrum antibiotic with an anti-fungal agent.It is available as over the counter(OTC) without prescription & will help you greatly.

If still the symptoms persists then you need to consult your gynecologist for examination & tests to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert