Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician

Can diabetics eat oranges? I want to give a gift basket to a friend who can control her bl

Can diabetics eat oranges? I want to give a gift basket to a friend who can control her blood sugar with diet and a pill.
Welcome to and thank you for your question.

Yes,Diabetics persons can eat oranges.

Most type 2 diabetics can safely incorporate small servings of fresh oranges, but not orange juice, into their diet.

Most diabetics can eat about 60 g of carbohydrates at each meal, so your friend will have to keep track of the other carbohydrates she eat in order to determine whether she can include an orange at any given meal.

The American Diabetes Association encourages inclusion of oranges in all diabetic diets, designating this fruit as one of its top 10 diabetes superfoods.

So botXXXXX XXXXXne is that diabetics can eat oranges.You can gift basket of oranges to your friend.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert