Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

Hello, I have OCD so excuse what may be a stupid question.

I have OCD so excuse what may be a stupid question. When I sat down on a bus seat earlier, I felt that my pants got a little wet (not soaked) and there was a slight smell of urine on the bus. I checked my pants when I got off the bus, 10 minutes later, they were then dry and no smell of urine. I am not in a position where I can take a shower and change clothes for many hours. Is there any chance I can catch HIV if there were urine on the seat I sat on?

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Please do not worry.

You are not going to get infected with HIV in this way.

HIV virus does not live long outside body & in dry state.

Body fluids which transmit HIV like blood, semen, vaginal fluid needs to come in contact with a mucous membrane or damaged tissue to transmit HIV.

You were wearing dresses & there was no wet mark on your dress.

I hope this information helps.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent. If you want to click poor or bad service, please stop & feel free to reply & ask till you are satisfied.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification. I hope to work with you again soon!