Dr. Nitika
Dr. Nitika, Doctor
Experience:  General Physician experience in Medicine, Integrative, CAM

Iv been feeling constantly fatigued, off balance, groggy, no

Customer Question

Iv been feeling constantly fatigued, off balance, groggy, no amount of sleep is refreshing, iv been to the doctors they have me sertaline and said it was stress, iv not taken that because I'm scared of the side affects, they ran a blood test and my blood count came back slightly high but in my doctors words not high enough to suggest anything sinister, this is seriously ruining my life, I can't get the motivation to do anything I'm constantly worried I'm going to die or I have a serious illness, I have a wierd dull pressure in my ears and sometimes pain behind my eyes.
Please helping you can my doctors say it's anxiety.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nitika replied 9 months ago.
Can you please provide me your current blood work reports?
Associated clogged ears?
What is your occupation?
Stuffy nose?
Neck stiffness?
Are you taking Sertraline?

Thanks dear.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I wasn't given my blood results sorry.
My doctor said the test could of been showing small infection or dehydration.

My ears arnt clogged its wierd how the feel its dull and lingering
I am a tattoo artist
Yes definate neck stiffness
Nose is usually clear

No iv not taken the sertaline

Ollie
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The doctor asked how my year had been, and put it all down to stress, but I just can't believe e how stress could make me feel this way :(
Thanks for providing additional information.
I understand your concern and it's my pleasure to help you in every aspect.
As per your description,chances of any serious issue like Cancer,blood infection are less in your case.
However as you feel constantly fatigued, off balance,pain and pressure inside and around the ears so possible differential diagnosis may include Cervical spondylosis,Nerve impingement,Inner ear inflammation,Labyrinthitis,BPPV,Depression.
You should do massage with topical diclofenac sodium ointment on back of neck.
Elevate your head side of bed while lying down.
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for 3-5 days to see if there is improvement.
As your doctor has indicated dehydration or some sort of infection so you should start a multivitamin supplement and drink energy drink like Gatorade.
Take short breaks of rest while doing your work.
Also do stretching neck exercises.
Steam inhalation can be helpful.
You are just 23 years old and you should keep a confidence in yourself as this life is only for you.
Do things that give you happiness.
Sometimes anxiety and stress can cause physical problem without any underlying cause.
Do yoga,deep breathing exercises.
You can try OTC Melatonin as a sleeping aid for few days if you are not taking any prescribed medicines.
Also a psychotherapy,counselling by a psychologist should be considered as well.
Your thyroid profile,cortisol, ACTH and 24 hour urine cortisol should be done as well.

Hope this helps.
Please press reply button if you have follow-up query.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thanks dear.
Dr. Nitika, Doctor
Experience: General Physician experience in Medicine, Integrative, CAM
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you so much, finally feel like someone has listened, so would you recommend me taking the sertaline ?

Ollie
You are most welcome.
You should firstly consider psychotherapy,counselling by a psychologist before starting Sertraline.
And if your symptoms'll not improve then you should try low dose of Sertraline for short period of time.

Hope this helps.
Thanks dear.
Good Luck.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi dr nitika, iv recently shaved off my beard and found that a Beauty spot which has always been quite small my whole life is definately grown a little and the head has come off, it's now double size and weepy, I'm scared this is skin cancer and maybe the reason for my symptoms ?
Expert:  Dr. Nitika replied 8 months ago.
Nice to hear from you again.
As per your description,it's less likely to be skin cancer.
Most likely it indicates folliculitis(inflammation of hair follicle) due to shaving.
So you should apply OTC Neosporin ointment on it for few days.
Also take OTC Motrin and Claritin for 3 days.
It'll subside by it's own in next few days.
Avoid scratching,touching it.

Hope this helps.
Thanks dear.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the reply If it is folliculitis can it look like a mole because this looks like a large mole that weepy and a little bloody ??
Most likely it's folliculitis and you should try Neosporin for 3-5 days.
Avoid shaving for a while.

If it'll persist then you should consult your doctor for a clinical examination.

Hope this helps.
Thanks dear.