Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Hi I have some questions regarding a few things. Ive been

Hi I have some questions regarding a few things. I've been experiencing problems with sleep as of late. I have ambien but I really don't like having to take it. I've heard if it is persist more than two weeks then it means there is some sort of medical problem I may not be aware of.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

I'm sorry to hear this

Dr. Brims :

Do you take any other medication?

Customer:

Well I'm taking antihismine for allergies and allupurinol for gout.

Customer:

Hello?

Dr. Brims :

yes

Dr. Brims :

Can you see my replies?

Customer:

Yes I was able to see your reply as you asked me what medicine I am currently taking.

Dr. Brims :

Okay, have you had a sleep study?

Customer:

No, never had one done as many people didn't think I need to do it.

Dr. Brims :

Do you have anxiety?

Customer:

I used to but I only have anxiety mostly because not knowing if I can go to sleep or not.

Dr. Brims :

Okay, your anxiety is likely preventing you from sleeping

Dr. Brims :

I would ask your doctor to start an anti- anxiety drug

Dr. Brims :

If that does not help then you may get a sleep study

Customer:

I used to take celexa. I generaly don't feel anxious during the day.

Dr. Brims :

ok

Customer:

I excercise plenty and try not to watch much tv or on the computer. I don't know if the weather has any factor?

Customer:

It has been pretty hot summer as I live in Florida.

Dr. Brims :

The weather may be a factor, but anxiety is likely a factor as well

Customer:

I see. There are times I am fine but there are times, for some reason just not do well.

Customer:

I mean as far as it goes for sleep.

Dr. Brims :

I see, then it is most likely anxiety

Customer:

Hmm interesting since it is not like I have stress.

Dr. Brims :

ok

Customer:

Some people think it's because I have been taking ambien but I really don't take it that often and never exceed 5 mg.

Customer:

Although I do have allergies so wonder if that would trigger anxiety?

Dr. Brims :

Allergies usually don't trigger anxiety, and this is not likely from ambien

Customer:

okay so it is anxiety of some form. Well I guess that's all you can do for me at this point. :)

Dr. Brims :

I am happy I could help

Customer:

I'll check with my doctor and see what he says.

Dr. Brims :

I think that is a good idea

Customer:

Okay thank you for your help.

Dr. Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr. Brims :

If you have no other questions on this topic, you may click a rating button to end the chat session

Customer:

Actually I do have another question which I had forgotten. I don't know if it has to do with sleep. It may seem nothing as I had read it is nothing.

Customer:

But I seem have trouble when I have an infection. I am sure it is not an infection.

Customer:

During sex, I had noticed I had some light blood in semen? It is not that dark, more of pink hue.

Dr. Brims :

This is not related to the sleep topic, unfortunately, I can only answer questions on that topic in this question, if you would like to ask about the blood in your semen, you would need to open a new post. Unfortunately, those are the websites' rules

Dr. Brims :

If you would like me to answer any other question not related to this topic, you may request me in the new question , just start with "Dr Brims only" and it will come directly to me

Dr. Brims :

If you still have questions regarding sleep I am happy to answer them now

Customer:

Okay thanks anyway.

Dr. Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience