Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained

Hello - What are the symptoms of a brain tumor or aneurysm?

Customer Question

Hello - What are the symptoms of a brain tumor or aneurysm? I had a horrible headache last night - it ha subsided but my head still feels strained (its the best way for me to explain) however as mentioned its been all on my right side. the discomfort is right above my right away - last night it felt like it was shooting down the right side of my nose.
I just finished my antibiotics on Saturday - I haven't had really any drainage and my right eye feels strained as well. fatigued. Can all of this be from a sinus infection?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 9 months ago.
hello
have you ever had any headaches like this before in the past? Any weakness, visual changes?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

No not like this, but I woke up this morning and it felt better. no weakness or visual changes.

did the headache start quickly or over a few minutes
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

It was more gradual and started yesterday, but I've had a mild headache. It's been more pressure

Okay, well these are not symptom of an aneurysm. They start very quickly and are severe. And the headache doesn't really get better.
In regards XXXXX XXXXX brain tumor- as well, the symptoms do not tend to abate- people also notice visual changes, weakness, numbness, etc.

This can be from a sinus infection. Even if you have not had drainage, it may be so thick, it is not able to drain. I would consider a decongestant like sudafed or phenylephrine. As well, an anti-inflammatory like motrin is useful.

I hope that this helped.
please leave positive feedback if it did :-)

you can reply if you need clarification
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you - can a sinus infection cause centralized discomfort as I have mentioned my ear seems to hurt a little/pressure and my eye is a little red - it looks strained

hello, yes it can, because you have frontal sinuses which can be affected as well as small sinus cavities around the eye- all of these can have fluid in them and cause pressure and pain.

Try the decongestant and the motrin. :-)

I hope that this helped.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you! You don't think I have to worry about anything serious, correct?

Based on the information you have told, me- no

I hope that this helped.
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 8 months ago.
hi Jody
I was wondering how you were feeling
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi thanks for checking - I went to see the ENT doctor on Thursday and he prescribed levaquin. He said my nose and ears looked fine, but my nasal passages looked inflamed.

I started the antibiotics yesterday - yesterday afternoon I felt great, but this morning after I took the antibiotic I felt dizzy and not myself - I have some pressure still in my right front forehead. When should I start to feel better - I don't have the same head pain as it has improved but it is still there
You can try sudafed or phenylephrine and see if that helped
Glad to hear your ENT didn't think it was a tumor or aneurysm either!! :-)