Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Hi, for a long while now I have been experiencing short, sometimes

Hi, for a long while now I have been experiencing short, sometimes throbbing pain at the lower corners of my abdomen. It doesn't last longer than few seconds and sometimes happens when I take soda. Do you think there is anything I should be worried about?
Hi--any change in your bowel movements? Are you saying this is on both sides of your lower abdomen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No change in bowel movement. Yes I was referring to the both sides of my lower abdomen (more like the lowest parts just before the thighs)

OK Liz. This doesn't sound like anything serious but you may be having the beginnings of irritable bowel syndrome and in time you may experience more pronounced symptoms like cramping and perhaps some diarrhea. At this point it would be a good idea to discuss this with a doctor just to see what he thinks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How long do the symptoms last because I have actually be feeling this for a very long time now (say about a year or two). It doesn't interfere with my daily activities but I just feel it once a while.

Usually the more prominent symptoms can last for minutes to hours. Just because this has been going on for so long I think it's time to get an evaluation
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will make a visit to the clinic then. Thanks a lot.

My pleasure but please let me know how it goes and remember to rate my service to you