Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

I have itchy dry skin have used creams, they have helped but

I have itchy dry skin have used creams, they have helped but redness still there ,It gets bad during the night I scratch and some time it bleeds have gone to dermatoligist he gave me a steroid cream it cleared up temporarily It is know back on my neck area

For the itching, I suggest you consult your Family Physician / Primary care physician again. There are a number of causes that I would want to be ruled out here - dry skin (a common though often overlooked cause), liver problems, kidney problems, scabies, diabetes, eczema. Note down these causes or copy-paste into Word and take a printout and ask for them to be ruled out. You need tests for all these conditions.

If these conditions are ruled out, then it could be chronic urticaria.

In case of chronic urticaria, a course of antihistaminics will help in this. Other things to discuss with your doctor are - a course of steroids, UV light, etc.

Approach your doctor and discuss all this with him. A thorough investigation into the cause of the itching needs to be carried out - this plan will enable you to find a diagnosis and treatment.

Take care - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

If my answer has helped you, please click on a four or five star rating, or an 'excellent/good service' rating, depending on what is displayed for you. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credit for my work. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome.

If you are not yet satisfied, do not go for a lower rating, instead click on the 'continue conversation' button and specify what you feel was left unanswered, I am sure I can help you further.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cancelled this service why am I being charge I wont a refund of $14.00