Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have COPD emphysema with FEV1 = 59%. Last night I ran an

I have COPD emphysema with FEV1 = 59%. Last night I ran an oximmetry that resulted in Avg O2 saturation 91 and minimal 84. CT-90 13%. Last months I found myself less clever, can't write as before, I even lost former levels in chess rating. Can it be related? Any advise? Thank you.
Hi--your other medical conditions? Any memory problems? Do you use any supplemental oxygen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No acute memory problems, no supplemental oxygen. Should I ask for it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I take 75 mg mirtrazapine long time ago, sorry about that. I don't feel much depressed

Yes, at this point I think you need it. As for the cognitive problems your having, Ferran, they could be related to your hypoxia but before that can be determined, you need to have a battery of cognitive tests by a trained psychologist to delineate the exact problems and their extent. There are other possibilities here--small lacunar infarct strokes and, sorry to mention it, early Alzheimer's. Depression can also cause problems like this so I would also evaluate you for that even if you don't think it is valid here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

AD is ruled out by a recent test, fortunately. If they are related to hypoxia, to what extent these symptoms fade away with supplemental oxygen?

If it is only an oxygen problem then there's every reason to believe that with the supplemental oxygen and a rise in your saturation levels that all this will resolve itself