Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

I have had a headache for four months now. Seen 3 doctors and

I have had a headache for four months now. Seen 3 doctors and they can't figure it out. I have tried everything. If I don't have a headache then my ears feel pressure and clogged. Can you help
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 8 months ago.

Dr. Hasan :

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

Dr. Hasan :

Which specialist you have seen and which investigations have been done so far?

Customer: I saw an ENT and a neurologist
Customer: I had nasal surgery in January but I was fine up until 4 months ago
Dr. Hasan :

ok

Customer: it started out with duel headaches every day. Then my temples, then my forehead.
Dr. Hasan :

ok

Customer: my ENT says it's tension headaches that are triggering migraines. So I've been take imitrex everyday when they start.
Dr. Hasan :

Have the done CT scan of brain and sinuses?

Customer: no they wanted to see if any of this medication would work first then do the scan
Customer: she also have me an antibiotic just incase it was an infection
Dr. Hasan :

Do you have any symptoms like nasal obstruction, nasal discharge, fluid trickling in throat, cough, decreased hearing etc?

Customer: No my ENT scoped me and said the sinuses were clear
Dr. Hasan :

Do you have any other diagnosed medical problem?

Customer: no
Dr. Hasan :

Which pain killer you have tried so far?

Customer: i have anxiety sometimes
Customer: norco
Dr. Hasan :

ok

Dr. Hasan :

Thanks a lot for your input.

Dr. Hasan :

First of all i am really sorry to hear about your symptoms.

Dr. Hasan :

In my opinion yes this can be tension headache but possibility of having sinus problem is equally likely because ear pressure and clogging are more likely to be consistent with sinus problems.

Dr. Hasan :

With nasal endoscopy, we can't rule out the sinus problem.

Dr. Hasan :

We always need a CT Scan to do this.

Dr. Hasan :

I am an ENT myself so I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC tab claritin once daily, steam inhalation with menthol drops and tab aleve twice daily (if you are not on pain killers now) can be used.

Customer: otc tab?
Dr. Hasan :

You should ask your doctor to get your CT scan of sinuses and tympanometry test to check ear pressure.

Dr. Hasan :

If they come out to be ok then you should be treated just by a neurologist.

Dr. Hasan :

OTC means over the counter. Sorry i should have mentioned earlier.

Customer: in your opinion what else do you think it could be
Dr. Hasan :

It can be sinus headache or tension headache

Dr. Hasan :

nothing else seems likely to me.

Customer: what can I do for those for relief
Dr. Hasan :

but at least it is not anything serious.

Dr. Hasan :

I have mentioned it above.

Dr. Hasan :

As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC tab claritin once daily, steam inhalation with menthol drops and tab aleve twice daily (if you are not on pain killers now) can be used.

Customer: I meant tension
Customer: I just feel like I've been trying all these medications and nothing has worked.
Dr. Hasan :

For tension headaches your neurologist can prescribe you pain killers and anti depressants.

Dr. Hasan :

Yes that is the reason that i am advising you to get investigations.

Dr. Hasan :

You don't have to be on hit and trial method.

Dr. Hasan :

They must make a diagnosis first.

Customer: Will the Claritin take the pressure away in my ears
Customer: or what will take the pressure away
Customer: anything?
Dr. Hasan :

Yes it might.

Dr. Hasan :

But steam inhalation can help you.

Dr. Hasan :

This is for your help and relief.

Customer: ok thank you I will try it
Dr. Hasan :

The main point is this that you need further investigations.

Dr. Hasan :

You are most welcome.

Dr. Hasan :

Any question?

Customer: yes ill have that ct done
Dr. Hasan :

That's good.

Customer: no basically what they all have said just wanted another opinion
Customer: i keep thinking the worse
Customer: only cause it's been 4 months of this crap
Dr. Hasan :

I am not suspecting anything worse in your case with the description you have provided.

Dr. Hasan :

Oh yes even 4 days can be misery and you are having it for four months.

Customer: good to know
Dr. Hasan :

I pray that you be fine soon.

Dr. Hasan :

:)

Customer: thank you
Customer: god bless
Dr. Hasan :

You are always welcome. God bless you too, I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: sounds good
Dr. Hasan :

Thank you.

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery