Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

Hi. About 5 hours ago I got hit on the head really hard when

Hi. About 5 hours ago I got hit on the head really hard when getting a box out of my car trunk. The trunk fell on it. I called the doctor on call where I go when I have to and he said he would call back but didn't. Anyway........I have no headache, I have no vision problems, I have no slurred speech. Just wondering if I need to do anything special now or not. Where the trunk hit me is still tender which I suspect it will be for awhile. Any special sleep schedule? I just figured I would ask the doctors which I trust more than the ones I go to when I have to. I would self diagnose as no concussion. Not even a bump on my head, just a little tender, but I thought I would ask what to do and what you think. Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

Sorry for the delay in answering your question.

Well, I wouldnt worry about this. You did the right thing by informing your doctor. But as of now, you do not need to do anything more other than monitoring. No special sleep schedules, carry on with your normal day to day work.

The things to watch out for are - headache, vomiting, excessive tiredness.

You are quite unlikely to have anything at all from this.

Do inform your doctor again though if you have any symptoms. You have to go to the ER for any severe symptoms like vomiting, which is of course very unlikely.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

Thank you for your positive rating to my answer.

I am very pleased that I was able to help you.

You may shortly receive an email survey to rate my services from JA. Please take the time to answer the survey with positive ratings for me, because the survey is actually very important for me on this JA site and your good ratings will help me immensely.

If you have any further questions, either on this issue or a different issue, I would be happy to help you. Just 'request' me or put 'For Dr. P. Jyoti only' at the beginning of your question so that I get to work with you again.

It was a great pleasure for me and JA to be able to help you.

JA has also started a new feature where you can add an expert to your list of favorite experts so that you can request them directly

I would be honored to be included in your list.

Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.