Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

have to take a drug test 46405N SAP 5-50+MDMA/6AM. I take

have to take a drug test 46405N SAP 5-50+MDMA/6AM. I take clonazepam for anxiety. Is this drug tested?

Chris C. :

If you took three 1 mg tablets, within one to two days, 50% of its major metabolite 7-aminoclonazepam (7-ACLO) will still be in your system, and detectable by urinalysis; within three to four days, 75% of the metabolite will have cleared; within five to six days, 87.5% will have cleared, and so on.

Chris C. :

Most likely, a low-cost employment or other screening test won't be sensitive enough to pick up the one-time use anywhere near that long (the above data came from a forensic study). A drug detection timetable for short-term use of benzodiazapines suggests you should be able to pass a drug test after 5-7 days (the upper end of the time line).

Chris C. :

With a valid prescription from your doctor there is no reason to be concerned. Even with a positive test result as long as you have a script you the result will not held against you.

Customer:

I guess they'll have to go with the script because I take it regularly and no way to get out of the system in time. So to make a long answer short, the drug test specified will detect the clonazepam. Correct?

Customer:

hello

Chris C. :

Yes it will show up. Take your bottle with you. They will write down that you have a valid prescription for it and then it will not be of concern.

Customer:

Outstanding. thank you.

Chris C. :

You are very welcome! Thanks for your question and please rate before you leave today.