Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

I BEEN HAVING SLIGHT CHEST PAIN AND I CHECKED MY BLOOD PRESSURE

I BEEN HAVING SLIGHT CHEST PAIN AND I CHECKED MY BLOOD PRESSURE AND IT IS 137/ 103. DO YOU THINK THAT PAIN IS BECAUSE OF BLOOD PRESSURE? I BEEN DIAGANOSED WITH BLOOD PRESSURE COUPLE OF YEARS AGO AND WAS GIVEN DYSTOLIC 2.5MG ONCE A DAY. I TOOL IT FOR FEW WEEKS AT THAT TIME AND THAN STOPED BECASUE BOOLD PRESSURE WENT DOWN TO 128/90 OR 128/88..I DID BLOOD PRESSURE MEASUREMENTS FOR FEW MONTHS ONCE A DAY AND THAN ONCE A WEEK AND IT BEEN STEADY 126/88 AND YESTERDAY..I WOKE UP WITH MILD UNCOMFORTABLE CHEAST PAIN ..AND RIGHT NOW WHEN TRY TO SLEEP ON MY LEFT AND SAME UNCOMFORTABLE PAIN STARTED.,PLEASE ADVISE WHAT THIS COULD BE? THIS PAIN IS BAREABLE BUT ANNOYING AND A LITTLE BIT ABOVE THE NIPPLE AREA OF MY LEFT CHEST..
I understand your concern and it's my pleasure to help you in every aspect.
As you have chest pain so you shouldn't ignore it as such and you may require an urgent medical attention.
I know,i'm not taking any additional information because any sort of chest pain shouldn't be delayed and in my opinion,you should visit ER ASAP.
Your chest annoying pain can be associated with Ischemic Heart disease.
EKG should be done at first place.
Other possible differential diagnosis may include Gastroesophageal reflux disease,Costochondritis.
If you had not taken Bystolic today so you should take it.
Your blood pressure is not currently so high however abruptly discontinue Bystolic can affect the heart functioning.

So don't wait and make a trip to ER.

Hope this helps.
Please press reply button if you have follow-up query.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thanks dear.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i just checked blood pressure again and it is 144/99..I took bystolic 5 mg 30 mins ago and 81 mg esprin. pain have gone down but very minimum..but feeling heart burn..I have been having heart burn for few years..but recently stopped taking anything for heart burn..

I had my heart ultra sound done three months ago and it showed no sings of heart disease..

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
As your blood pressure is getting high over the time.
And sometimes chest pain associated with Ischemic heart attack lasts for short period of time and even you can feel like heartburn,fatigue.
So in my opinion,you should seek an urgent medical attention for a precautionary measure.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is almost no pain but blood pressure if a little batter..143/94 and pulse is 58...do you think i should still go to ER or go when pain comes back...

i guess you are busy.. and i am going to go to sleep..

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

As your pain has diminished so you should consult your family doctor rather than visit ER within next 24 hours to rule out Angina pain which usually lasts for short period of time however can cause damage to heart.

And further blood work,CT angiography,Echocardiogram should be done for a precautionary measure.

In case you develop pain again then visit ER.

Avoid any physical exertion.

Sometimes heart attack can be silent with no signs and symptoms.

You should also take OTC Prilosec if you feel heartburn.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.