Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I am a black male 45yrs old, I am being treated for scabies

I am a black male 45yrs old, I am being treated for scabies but I have a rash on the head of my penis that doesn't hurt or itch what is it
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Has rash appeared after unprotected sex with unknown partner?
Any discharge through penis?
Has rash increased in size, with time?
Any other health or medical problems?
How long back, you were treated with scabies?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It will b a week tomorrow, but I had the same sex partner for 5 yrs and the rash has been n the the same place and has not spreaded

Dear Customer, Thanks for all these additional details.

It could be a fungal infection which is common in that region.
This can be present without itching and red bumps.
It is not a serious issue, and can be easily treated with anti-fungal medications.

You should keep the affected area clean with soap and water while bathing. It can be easily treated with anti-fungal medications.
You should apply Lotrimin ultra twice a day for 1 week.
You should take tablet claritin 10 mg once a day for 1 week.
Usually such symptoms, will get resolve completely in one week with above measures.
You should maintain proper hygiene, and wear loose undergarments.

Please follow above measures, and in case, if symptoms doesn't start to improve in next 3-4 days then please see your doctor.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't mention that my Dr tested me for herpes 3 yrs ago which the results was negative but he still prescribed me Valtrex for it, im confussed

Dear Customer, Good to hear that you have been tested and it was negative of Herpes.

If one performs the test too early, then the antibodies that the test look for may not show up and you may receive a false negative diagnosis.

It takes two weeks to three months after exposure, to herpes for antibodies to appear in blood. May be for safety purpose, you were prescribed a course of Valtrex.
You can get re-tested once again.

Most likely, this is a fungal infection, and would get resolve with measures, as advised in previous post.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok DR thanks

Most Welcome and Thanks for using justanswer.com

If you are satisfied, place rate the advice you've received so that I receive credit for helping you.