Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hi. I just woke up from a nap to find a hard, painless, bump

Hi. I just woke up from a nap to find a hard, painless, bump by my hairline. It doesn't itch, I looked for a bite mark and found none. It has never happened before. Any ideas of what this could be?
Hi--is it flesh colored or red?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

flesh colored

OK--anything that arises this quickly could only be a sebaceous cyst--a clogged oil gland. Nothing serious but it isn't likely to resolve spontaneously. It can be excised under local anesthesia if it becomes a bother
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there anything I can do at home to make it go away like putting something warm or cold on it?

You can try warm moist heat in the hopes that it will drain on its own but that does happen very often
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My internet stopped working on my computer. Sorry about the wait. Does wearing make up cause this to happen?

Sometimes it can, yes. At least for now you shouldn't apply any makeup to that area