Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Hello doctor .I had dry humping or safe with my boy friend

Hello doctor .I had dry humping or safe sex with my boy friend without any invasion I was even wearing my underwear.it was 10 days ago or maybe more. I had a quantitative hcg test yesterday and thr hcg level was 2 last month it was 0. Could I be pregnant? My period is expected on 2nd of November please reply as soon as possible
Hi--an HCG of 2 is not indicative of pregnancy and given what you said above there is no way you're pregnant
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But why did the hcg level rise to 2 last month before my period it was 0 what could be the reason

That's just a normal variation in the level--just because there's a rise of only 2 doesn't mean pregnancy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes but what could be the cause of this variations?

As I said variations are normal--no woman's HCG stays at 0 all the time. You really don't need to concern yourself about this
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is 10 days or more enough to know if a woman is pregnant or not using hcg quantitative test?

12-14 dqyw will be more accurate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So should I repeat the test?

Yes--in another two days
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I counted number of says between intercourse and sample collection ( these days inclusive) and they were 12 not 10 I will do another test today. Does the hcg level rise when I am about to get my period?

It may rise just a bit but not enough to indicate pregnancy Sara. Please consider rating my service to you