Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Im taking Abillify and Ambien EL and still have trouble sleeping

I'm taking Abillify and Ambien EL and still have trouble sleeping which triggers my bipolar. Is there anything else I can do?
Hi--is Ambien the only sleeping medication, prescription or otherwise, you've tried?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ambien is the only one I've tried. Thought ab trazadone but was concerned ab seratonin syndrome with the lexapro
OK--I'd next try you on Restoril which won't have a serotonin syndrome problem and if that were ineffective, I'd try low dose Valium.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there anything else I can do for anxiety pretty severe and worse when I don't sleep. Should Abilify be taken only in manic phases or daily?
I'd suggest either Wellbutrin or Remeron and the Abilify needs to be taken daily