Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I feel heat on the back of my foot. Its between my ankle and

I feel heat on the back of my foot. It's between my ankle and my heel. Do you have any idea what this could be?
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Since how long do you have this symptom of burning sensation?
Any tests done so far?
Is there any known medical illness?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I haven't had test done. It's been going on about a week. I have Diabetes, high blood pressure and neuropathy.

Dear Tina
Thank you for providing additional info.

The symptoms of burning sensation you have described is most likely because of a condition called Burning foot syndrome.

Diabetes is the most common cause.Other causes are:irritating fabrics,fungal infections,if you are on your feet all day or are overweight,certain types of neuropathy (nerve damage) like chronic alcoholism, vitamin deficiencies (usually B),certain kidney & liver diseases or thyroid dysfunction. You need some blood tests & scan to know the exact cause.

As you have history of diabetes & neuropathy,so these seems to be the underlying cause of your symptoms.

Following will help:Soak your feet in cool water - do not use ice. After walking,immediately change out of your shoes and socks, allowing the shoes to dry.

So botXXXXX XXXXXne is that most probable cause of your symptoms of burning sensation since last week is diabetes & peripheral/diabetic neuropathy & you need to consult your doctor to get prescription medications for these conditions.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
Hello, I am Dr. Bora. I have been following your question.

I would just like to add that the heat between your ankle and the heel could also be due to tendoachilles inflammation. It is the tendon that lies in the area where you feel heat and inflamation from any cause can cause pain, discomfort and / heat.

Give rest to your foot, use soft comforatble shoes and if needed use special heel inserts to give comfort.

Presence of bone spur on the heel can also cause similar symptoms.

If you have any further question, I would be happy to help you.