Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

good morning, i am giving myself hcg injections for dieting,

good morning, i am giving myself hcg injections for dieting, but eerytime i inject , i seem to get hematomas, they hurt and hard at touch, how long does it take to go down, i also read to put potato slices to the area..?

Chris C. :

HCG can be injected either subq or IM.

Chris C. :

There is a very good general guide here: http://www.livestrong.com/article/170192-how-to-administer-an-hcg-injection/

Chris C. :

What can be done to reduce the problem with injection would be to rotate injection sites.

Chris C. :

These would include:

Full Size Image

Chris C. :

Injection sites usually bother patients the next day, so of you rotate a warm pack on and off the site, it will help blood flow to the area and heal the area faster
Post-injection: Massage or rub the site.

Chris C. :

If you are concerned about the swelling and redness around an injection site, it is helpful to outline the swelling with a pen or marker. This will help you to determine if it is increasing in size and monitor if and how the injection site is changing. If the swelling or redness increases in size or does not decrease in size, contact your physician. You should contact your physician immediately if you have any questions or concerns about abnormal or unusual redness, swelling or side effects.

Chris C. :

Can you see my reply?

I think you were having issue with the chat page so I have switched to Q&A format. I will repost here:

Chris C. :

HCG can be injected either subq or IM.

Chris C. :

Chris C. :

Chris C. :

These would include:

Full Size Image
Chris C. :

Chris C. :

Chris C. :

Can you see my reply?