Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

does nexium causes anxiety or depression?

Nervousness is listed as a reported side effect of Nexium, but not anxiety specifically.
If your anxiety issues get worse after taking Nexium then you should ask your doctor to opt for other medications.
I hope this helps.
Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i already have acid reflux and im on diet and also take nexium daily im 5'6 and 281 lbs and 5'6 tall.

what happens is this : when i go to a far place 25+ kilometers from home i get this weird idea like "what if acid reflux attacks me while im far from home?" and slowly the acid reflux symptoms starts along with heavy breathing and feeling nervous. and after i get back to home everything disappeares like nothin happened.

is that the side effect?

Thanks for the follow-up.
As you describe,Nexium itself doesn't cause your symptoms while you are away from home.
It may be possible that travelling may induce acid reflux and sometimes outside foods,drinks may not suitable to you.
It's good to take light meals while travelling.
And also do deep breathing while travelling.
Keep OTC Gaviscon while travelling and when your acid reflux get worse then you can take it.
Drink cool water at regular intervals.
And it's good to ask your doctor to opt for other medications like H-2-receptor blockers,Prokinetics which are better than Nexium.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Thank you.