Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

The entire right side of my body is smaller than the other

The entire right side of my body is smaller than the other side why is this. I have done strenght test with multiple doctors and because my strenght is equal it is not viewed as a problem. Is there any thing I can do or can you recommend a type of specialist I can see.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 9 months ago.

Anthony Bray, MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray, MD : I would guess from your question that this has been lifelong .... Is this correct??
Anthony Bray, MD : It sounds to me to be a trait that you developed as a result if your genetics and development in your growth ...
Anthony Bray, MD : It sounds to be a problem that you have noticed but does not affect your function... It would not seem to be any medical condition that would have any fix or remedy...
Anthony Bray, MD : you may ask internal medicine doctor or neurologist for further exam and opinion as this may provide you with further information ...
Anthony Bray, MD : it does not sound to me that you have any disease process that should cause you worry or concern however...
Anthony Bray, MD : I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have further questions or discussion and I will be happy to get back with you.
Anthony Bray, MD : If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.
Anthony Bray, MD : That would be much appreciated.
Anthony Bray, MD : Thank you and best regards ,
Anthony Bray, MD : Anthony Bray MD
Customer:

I don't honestly remember if is has been lifelong, but I started falling in 2008, and continue to use total functionality in my right hand ( no dexterity control) pencils or objects fall out of my hand. I saw a nerologist in 2009 and nothing conclusive. You suggested to different types of doctors would you recommend one disipline over the other.

Anthony Bray, MD : You seem to have question of functionality in your last statement so with that I would recommend 2nd opinion by another neurologist...
Anthony Bray, MD : I think that if you had loos if muscle mass as a symptom that has not been lifelong that evaluation for neuromuscular disease would be appropriate . If there is any question of weakness or less coordination to one side then neurologist would seem best specialist to evaluate this further....
Anthony Bray, MD : I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have further questions/ discussion/ details/--- I will be happy to get back with you!!
Anthony Bray, MD : Best regards,
Anthony Bray, MD : Anthony Bray MD
Customer:

Thanks for your prompt response, I will contact a neurologist that specialies in neuromusclar disease. Not sure if it is all inked together.

Customer:

Yes is was helpful and prompt. I feel I should contact a neuromusclar specialist. Hopefully, i don't have some dibilitating disease. thanks again

Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice