How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Karel1 Your Own Question
Karel1, Certified Respiratory Therapist
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 565
Experience:  Have suffered with Narcolepsy a sleeping disorder over 30 years,specializes in asthma ,COPD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Karel1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work for a small company that provides me health insurance.

This answer was rated:

I work for a small company that provides me health insurance. The cheapest package for a family with children is very expensive so I thought about looking elsewhere for a more affordable health insurance. However, it appears that at least I (employee) have to be under the company's health insurance. Are there ways to get affordable health insurances in NY that my spouse (unemployed) and children could separately get? Thank you.

Unfortunately children under 18 cant get their own coverage, One must go under the family plan. However I suggest you go to the new NYS health plan that covers obamacare. There is also a number on the bottom you can call .They will help you see which plan is cheapest under obamacare


Karel1 and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions