Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

I have diahorrea - well not according to the definition

I have chronic diahorrea - well not according to the definition of diahorrea but watery faeces once a day.

My doctor has examined me and done a range of blood tests and says there is nothing unusual and not to really worry about it. But it is very inconvenient to me and my lifestyle. My doctor says these things often arise without any cause being found.

I would appreciate some independent advice regarding this situation and whether there is anything I can do to settle the problem down. My doctor said I could take Imodium if I needed to.

I was in hospital for 4 weeks after orthopedic surgery and wondering if I could have picked up some hospital bug.

I am 62yo and a type 2 diabetic

Many thanks for your opinion
HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.
Since how long exactly you have this?
Have you seen gastroenterologist?
Any stool tests or colonoscopy done?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

About 3 months

Had a colonoscopy done about 7 months ago (just as a routine check up)

Bill thanks a lot for your input. First of all i am sorry to hear about your problem and i do understand that how embarrassing it can be. There can be many causes for your symptoms. These include bacterial infections, parasitic infections, irritable bowel syndrome etc. Blood tests are never sufficient to get to the cause in such cases. You need to visit a gastroenterologist ideally and if not possible then you can start with your PCP or local doctor. You need to get stool R/E, Stool culture and stool for ova, cysts and parasites. If they reveal anything, you should get treatment accordingly but if the are normal then your doctor must consider you for colonoscopy. Yes you might have picked a bug from hospital. You need further workup as advised because you can get treatment and can get well as you don't have to live with this forever. Till you visit your doctor, try to take more fiber in your diet. I wish and pray that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.