Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

How safe is i-lipo and does it work? http://www.ilipo.com/us/ It

How safe is i-lipo and does it work?

http://www.ilipo.com/us/

It was featured on Dr. Oz and on The Doctors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clvrbCezdVM

They have great reviews of it, but others are really skeptical.
http://www.realself.com/question/i-lipo-ultra-work

These skeptics don't seem to have tested it--just base their opinions on lack of studies.

A clinic worker where I had a consult said it can reduce your fat cell size. Then if you have a bad diet they just get bigger again. Apparently this is a really safe way to have lipo.

Regular lipo is hugely invasive and removes fat cells so if someone has a bad diet they get fat in weird places.

What is the likelihood that someone could have i-lipo all over the body, eat a terrible diet and just have the procedure done again if money wasn't an object?

Theoretically, could I just keep shrinking my fat cells if I got skinny via i-lipo and gained weight again?

I'm fairly healthy. I walk every morning. I do Bikram Yoga. I eat 8 servings of vegetables a day, but I won't give up my brazilian steakhouse gorging once in a while and that's why I need the lipo.
The system uses low levels of laser energy to stimulate fat cells in a way that they break down.

I-Lipo is as safe as any other liposuction procedure. There are still the same problems with wound openings, infections, and bleeding - although the risk appears to be smaller.
I-lipo results are long-term, provided your calorie intake and eating plan is stable, and you engage in regular exercise.
Rebound weight gain can be possible if a person doesn't take good diet and proper exercise.
Also consider the best plastic surgeon in your area as procedure success rate also depends on the surgeon.
Burns and Lumps are adverse effects of Lipo and it all depends on the experience of surgeon.

A complete health panel should be done before considering I-Lipo.
So consult your regular doctor as well.

I hope this helps.
Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I want to make sure it doesn't kill the fat cells--only shrinks them right?

How can I-lipo cause infections, wounds and bleeding if it doesn't penetrate the skin?

Lots of places have aestheticians due the procedures instead of surgeons. Is this normal?

Thanks for follow-up.
The i-Lipo emits low levels of laser energy, which creates a chemical signal in the fat cells, breaking down the stored triglycerides into free fatty acids and glycerol and releasing them though channels in the cell membranes. The fatty acids and glycerol are then transported around the body to the tissues that will use them during metabolism to create energy.
This process of fatty acid release is a natural response of the body when the body needs to used stored energy reserves, thus i-Lipo is not creating any unnatural reaction in the body.
A period of exercise post treatment will ensure the complete metabolism and thus elimination from the body of the freed fatty acids.

If they do not exit the body within a few hours, they get reabsorbed by other fat cells. A brief workout immediately after an i-lipo treatment ensures that the fat is excreted via the lymphatic system.

The process does not cause any damage and cells remain intact, just make them smaller.
Sometimes lumps under the skin and burns have been reported with I-Lipo which can further result in wound infection.

Plastic surgeon are better and specialized more than Aesthetician so you should prefer plastic surgeon in your area.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.