Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Diarrhea once in morning x8 days, usually accompanied by nausea.

Diarrhea once in morning x8 days, usually accompanied by nausea. No appetite, last night for dinner I had 2 small cheeseburgers with seeds on bun, beef, cheese, bacon, ketchup. This morning when I had loose bowel movement, there were a ton of seeds along with red tinted feces. Could this be from ketchup/beef/bacon? Called the doctor, still waiting on stool samples. Abdominal xray & ultrasounds normal. Blood work (cbc, metabolic panel) normal. Never had blood in stool. Past 8 days when I've had a bowel movement it's been usual brown. Today looked brown with red in it. Why would what I've eaten last night already be coming out of me???? Could this be giardasis? The symptoms fit, but doctor wants to wait until stool sample comes back before putting me on antibiotics.
Hi--we've talked about this before. Tell me more about the red tinted feces
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was watery brown with red mixed in and a ton of sesame seeds. I'm worried about colon cancer!

Was the toilet bowl water all red or these were just flecks?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Toliet water wasn't red. It wasn't flecks either. Feces was brown and red. For instance, when I went to wipe, I wiped and sesame seeds were red.

OK. Most likely this isn't blood but just a mix of what you ate running through your GI tract too rapidly. Don't worry about colon cancer--it doesn't present like this and it will likely all clear up just as soon as you get on the Flagyl.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alright. Is this a normal occurrence of giardia? Food running through you this fast?

Yes--as it can be with any infectious colitis/diarrhea
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello again, just tried to go to the bathroom, strained for a bit, and all that came out was quite a bit of orange colored mucus on the toliet paper, nothing in the bowl. Still worried about colon cancer. What is this from?

Not colon cancer at all. The orange color is just a dilution of the stool with water from its normal brown color. Typical for situations where the transit through the colon is accelerated