Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

Hi. I have a lump inside my thigh, near my scrotum. I just Customer

Customer Question

Hi. I have a lump inside my thigh, near my scrotum. I just
Customer Question
Hi. I have a lump inside my thigh, near my scrotum. I just noticed it a few days ago. Sensitive to touch, but not overly painful. Feels very similar to lymph node on the side of my throat. Also itchy on my testicles and inner thighs. Definitely not a hernia. Any ideas what it might be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 9 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Has lump appeared after unprotected sex with unknown partner?
Blister or rash appearance on scrotum?
Is lump hard or soft and movable?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

i just noticed lump about a week ago while i was scratching. I get severe itchy in this area especially at night when i go to bed and sometimes seem to can't stop scratching on either side! the lump is not really hard somewhat soft. It just bothers me psychologicaly

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for all these additional details.
I am sorry to hear about your problems.

It sounds to be Sebaceous cyst. It is common in this area of body.
Sebaceous glands are normally present in the skin and secrete sebum , and blockage of duct of these glands leads to formation of sebaceous cysts.

Associated itching and occasional pain is due to infection.
When this gets mildly inflamed, this would look red.
This should be immediately managed by doctor.

You may need course of antibiotics, Also you need to take OTC
anti-histamine Zyrtec for itching. If required steroid medicine would also be prescribed by doctor.
Calamine lotion and cool oatmeal baths relieves itching.
You should take Motrin 400mg twice a day. This will reduce inflammation of skin.
You should place a warm moist cloth (compress) over the area,this may help the cyst drain and heal.
When washing or bathing, keep water contact as brief as possible.

Please follow above measures, and see your doctor for management of this issue.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience: Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hello Dr. Josh, I appreciate you diagnosis and I am satisfied with it.
However, I still have that lump in my groin in which I sure hope that it
goes away soon or deflames. As far as me rating you, I did give you a high
rating
Regards

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 9 months ago.
Dear Fernando,
You are Most Welcome.

You should follow the measures and tips, as advised in previous posts.
Yes, i have recieved excellent rating from your side.
Please wait, for some more time, and you would be free from symptoms.

Thank you.