Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

have an onset of headache. freaking out that something is

have an onset of headache. freaking out that something is wrong with my head (well, brain really)
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Tell me all you can about what's going on please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

just noticed that headache started at the back and then moved to the side and now on the top of the head.

i also did eat a bunch of candy.

and took advil, but not that long ago.

anything else?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Do you get headaches from time to time and, if so, are they like this one?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

i do. i don't know if it's like this one.

should i worry now?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
OK. This sounds like either a migraine or a cluster headache and it could have been triggered by the candy. 95% of all headaches are not serious but if someone gets a headache that's not like the others or is much worse than the others, it should be evaluated by a doctor. Aneurysms can be the cause but in your case this really doesn't sound like a leaking aneurysm
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

well, my forehead hurts.

and now i am freaking out that it could be something more serious.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Seriously--this is typical of a migraine or perhaps a tension headache from neck muscle spasms but there really is very little chance there's anything dangerous going on. For your own peace of mind, go to a walk in or urgent care center and get it checked out
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

i can't just walk in - it will take hours

how would i know if this were more serious?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
If you had vision problems, balance problems, or any weakness on one side of your body, those would be worrisome symptoms. Just try to relax and give this time since it should resolve itself later today
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

no, i don't have those.

now just headache in the forehead and a bit at the back of the head

not really a headache anymore, more like pressure

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
What more can I tell you beyond what I have so far?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

i also think i have tingly skin on my fingers and arm

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
I'm working hard to help you here but I really don't know what more information you need from me
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

well, that whatever other things i added relate/don't relate to my question. and that i should or should not worry about those things

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
The tingling in your fingers and arms is likely from anxiety and heavy breathing from your worrying about the headache and nothing more. I guess the best thing I could tell you is if this were happening to me, I'd just lie down and relax and ride it out until it was over with later on today
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

sorry to belabor, but last question relating to this.

had this been something bad, when would it become apparent? hour, two?

and thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
No problem. If this were a leaking aneurysm you would have had the other symptoms I mentioned within one to two hours after the headache began
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
My pleasure--don't forget to rate my service to you
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice