Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

My 16 year old son was diagnosed severe depression, he did

My 16 year old son was diagnosed severe depression, he did smoke marihuana and K2 (synthetic marihuana). My husband past the way 14 years and 10 months ago, my son was a year and half so I dont think he remember him. My questions is, should I get him to rehab?
Hi--have you discussed this with his psychiatrist?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
To be honest, no I haven't.
OK Magdalena. I run an outpatient drug rehab program and I think he does need the rehab. He needs it, it won't be a waste, and part of the treatment program is to be with other patients in group therapy so he won't be learning negative behaviors there
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Answered Questions

does hypnosis work? If not What do you recommend?

Optional Information: Person's Gender: Male Person's Age: 16 What have you tried so far?: My son is in treatment (psychiatry) he is taking prozac and risperidal. Risperidal will be replace by Latuda. After a week giving him 1tablet Latuda and 14th tablet risperidal. Cant stop risperidal dosis from one day to another. He was smoking the synthetic marihuana called K2. And marihuana. I had try counseling, therapy, I showed him videos on the k2 terrible effects and acupuncture. I will send him to rehab to Paradigm Malibu on January, as you know health insurance will deny him because of previous mental illness but meanwhile I would to know extra opinions recommendations anything that with your experience can help him.
Hypnosis can help as a part of a total rehab program, but hypnosis by itself wouldn't be nearly enough