Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

have serious pain from my left hip down under my left testicle...very

have serious pain from my left hip down under my left testicle...very sensitive to touch and movement... went away for for several days after take Fexeril (muscle relaxer).. is back again now after a camping trip.. never had a groin muscle pulled... could that be it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-

Did you have any injury?
On a grade of 1 to 10 how will you rate the pain?
Any noticeable swelling/ redness/ bumps or blister?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Swollen testicle?
Pain in urination?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1)--think i just turned wrong at my desk one day last week... but it was later in day before it became painful, 2) 3 and then 8 or 9 when i move or it get later in the day again....3)--i have what feels like a muscle spasm in the crease of my leg in the front....4)not swollen just very sensitive to touch (left one only)..5)no pain in urination (everything find during that)

Dear Jeremiah, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.

It could be muscular pull or nerve compression.
You may need Anti inflammatory Naproxen 500 mg three times daily.
You can use Heating pads or hot wet towels on affected areas. You can apply it for 15-20 minutes and repeat it 3-4 times a day.

If required doctor can advise for- X-ray/ CT scan of affected part.
You may need x-ray of lower spine.
Involvement of Sacral nerves( S2,S3,S4) will cause testicular pain.
This can also happen due to the nerve entrapment from herniated disc at L5 level.

Also If required doctor can advise for- Steroid pill, or stronger painkiller medications.

I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for clinical evaluation and get this issue managed.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i do have a herniated disc in L5 for 2005 wreck.. I'm work so heating pad 3-4 times is sort of out... i go see a doctor then... i thought in maybe a simple groin muscle pulled since i don't know what that feels like. Thanks again for your time and great advice

Dear Jeremiah,
Yes, having a history of herniated disc has resulted in aggravation of such symptoms.

You may need prescription of pills, as advised in previous post.
Also, you should have X-ray/ CT scan done.

Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, Experienced Family Physician