A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I hit my head 27 hours ago i have no symptoms other than my

I hit my head 27 hours ago i have no symptoms other than my head hurting a little and bump but the bump has gone down quit a bit. I was wondering i should still be worried that i could die from this ?

Answers provided are for informational use only and don't confer patient-provider relationship. My name isXXXXX and I will do whatever I can to help you.

Did you lose consciousness when you hit your head?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i was aware and remember everything that happened. although i was a little dissy for a few seconds.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I don't believe you need to be worrying about dying from this. Most head injuries don't result in complications, especially if the person doesn't lose consciousness. Since you didn't lose consciousness, and aren't having any symptoms (other than the expected bump and bruise), you should be just fine. Tylenol is fine for any pain, and even now an icebag for 10 minutes ever few hours can help with the swelling of the bump.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Hi, there,

Just checking up to make sure you are doing well.

If there are any questions you have about this or anything else, I would be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Schuyler
~