Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

59 yo female with MS in remission for 10 years, mild hypertension.

59 yo female with MS in remission for 10 years, mild hypertension. Sharp stabbing pain this AM from left shoulder blade into chest that made me sit down. Sharpness subsided but am left with dull chest pain and a desire to cough periodically. Sedentary job. Any thoughts?

Thank you for your question,

Sorry, your question remain unanswered for long as the expert you requested was not on line.

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Thank you for the information,

The pain can be due to a few factors.

As you have mild hypertension, heart issues like angina/ attack need to be ruled out.

I would suggest to take an urgent examination by doctor in ER.

You need to take a few tests.

EKG, X ray, blood tests can be required.

There can be other less serious causes too like muscle spasm, costochondritis, inflammation or infection of lung or its covering pleura, reflux etc.

But at this age with history of hypertension, you need to be cautious.

You can take aspirin & antacid while proceeding to ER.

I hope this information helps.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent. If you want to click poor or bad service, please stop & feel free to reply & ask till you are satisfied.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification. I hope to work with you again soon!