Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I hv a burning pain after passing hard stool several days ago

I hv a burning pain after passing hard stool several days ago that makes my anus feeling discomfort. Yesterday I had a loose stool but only 1 time in a day which makes my anus feel more terrible burning pain.

Q: Why I hv this burning sensation after only 1 times of loose stool? Will this pain go away by itself after certain times? What is the treatment of this pain?

THANKS.
ANDY

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

How is your bowel habit?

How many times do you pass stool?

Was there any blood with stool?

Do you have any past illness of rectum or anal canal?

Did you take any medicine?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

H Doc.,

My bowel habit is fine, I usually pass stool once a day but sometimes twice a day. Sometimes there is a small trace of blood when I pass a quite large stool but the next day there is no blood.

I hv an anal fistula removed 7 years ago with success and causing no problem after the surgery.

I hv hemorroid as checked by my colon doctor. I had a colonoscopy 2 years ago and the result was fine.

Could this be the hemorroid or a fissure that cause this pain? Now sometimes I feel a bit pain when sitting down due to this.

Thanks.. Andy

Thank you Andy, for the information,

From your symptoms it seems to be due to a fissure.

There can be an inflammation or infection too.

If the burning & loose stool continues, I would suggest to have an examination by doctor.

You can take sitz bath.

I think you are aware of it as you had hemorrhoid.

Hemorrhoidal cream with anesthetic properties like Americaine Hemorrhoidal, Lanacane or Nupercainal can help to reduce the burning.
,
You can also take analgesic, antiinflammatory medicine like motrin after food to relieve the pain.

I hope this information helps.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent. If you want to click poor or bad service, please stop & feel free to reply & ask till you are satisfied.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification. I hope to work with you again soon!

Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Doc..

I hv tried to use proctosedyl but had difficulty to insert deeply inside the rectum due to pain. It is a tube applicator. So now I just take anti inflammatory medicine cataflam and doing sitzbath. It helps a bit. I hv a bloody stool 3 months ago and checked by my doctor by inserting an anoscopy inside my rectum. He said it was a tear inside that cause the bleeding.

You said iw could be an inflammation or infection. Can u explain what causes this?

Thanks ,

ANDY.

You can apply proctosedyl with gloved finger or at the anal margin.

Colitis, bacterial, parasitic infection can cause bleeding, loose stool.

As the doctor has examined and saw tear, so this can be a factor.