Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained

For the last year now Ive been having rectal discharge. Its

For the last year now I've been having rectal discharge. It's this yellowish gunk and smells really bad. Sometimes theres blood on the toliet paper and in the stool. I have 2 copies of factor V and am on blood thinners.
Thanks for your question
Any diarrhea or abdominal pain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No diarrhea or abdominal pain, but the stool has been loose and the area has been extremely itchy at times.

Well, common causes of mucoid discharge are hemorrhoids, anal fissues, sphinter issues, inflammation of the rectum, malabsorption issues. If it is itchy, it is likely to be hemorrhoids. I would suggest that you start there- it is the cheapest and easiest to fix. Eating a high fiber diet, 8x 8oz glasses of water a day, stool softeners like colace and wiping the area with preparation H wipes for hemorrhoids.
Try this for a couple of week.
If this does not seem to help, then I would see your doctor for diagnosis and treatment. You may need an anoscopy- a small plastic device inserted in the rectum to take a look
As well, if you have any fever, abdominal pain, blood in your stool, see a physician right away.

I hope that this helped

Please provide positive feedback if it did :-)