DocNid, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  I am a board certified physician with more than 25 years of experience.

Well, extreme nausea and bout of diarrhea this morning. This

Well, extreme nausea and bout of diarrhea this morning. This is day #5 now with this. Abdominal xray and blood work were fine. I feel fine come the afternoon, or a few hours after I eat something. Could this be gallbladder related? Abdominal ultrasound showed gallstone last month, and past couple days I've had a deep ache between my shoulder blades, but no pain in my upper left quadrant. Could my gallstone be causing morning nausea and diarrhea? Still waiting on stool cultures. Won't be in for a few days, and the nausea in the morning is unbearable. I don't know how much longer I can go on like this, with two little ones at home.
Thanks for posting your query.
I am DocNid and I am pleased to assist you.

I read your post about early morning nausea and loose stools.

Gall stones can cause nausea when there is associated inflammation. But it does not cause nausea when there is no such associated inflammation. The ultrasound scan and clinical exam will confirm whether there is inflamed gallbladder which might be causing these symptoms.

However, gallstones do not cause diarrhea.

The probable cause of nausea and diarrhea is a gut infection with an associated acid peptic disease.
The stool test will show whether you have gut infection.
Meanwhile you can take probiotics and zantac for relief.

I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist your further.
Do not forget to leave a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I also want to note that I have excess sour tasting saliva in the mornings too.

Yes, I have already mentioned you have symptoms of acid peptic disease.
The sour tasting saliva and nausea is due to gastroesophageal reflux which is a form of acid peptic disease.
I have suggested zanatc for it.
Let me know if I can assist you further.