Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

my stool has been grey today. i would like to talk to a dr.

my stool has been grey today. i would like to talk to a dr. about my other symptoms and tests that ive had over the last few months.
Please explain your question in detail.
Associated pain abdomen?
Do you have diarrhea,constipation?
Associated mucus in stool?
Bloating and flatulence?
Any medical history?
Are you taking any medications?
Which investigations have you done so far?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have very mild pain in my upper abdomen, its very mild and i have a history of acid reflux. it has come and gone in the last few days. no mucus, but i have had mucus in my stool at times. no bloating, but i am gassy at times. im taking a medicine for IBS. i have CT scan done on september 7th on my entire abdomen and it came back normal. im 25 and had a worry of pancreatic cancer. had a colon and endo done in march, came back normal.

Which medication are you taking for IBS?
Are you taking any other medications?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i cant remember the name, but it starts with a H...i take it twice a day and have been on it since march. no other medications. im just very scared as i cant seem to think im dieing and there is nothing i can do.

Since your CT Scan abdomen,endoscopy are normal i don't think there are any serious medical problem.
The symptoms may be due to function problem like IBS.
Some medications prescribed for IBS can result in grey stool.
So don't worry much about this condition at all.

I hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this can just be something that i ate? could the mild upper abdomen pain be from my acid reflux pain? simply put doctor, im very nervous and want to go back to living and not be worried all the time. i thought having a normal CT scan would do that, but it hasnt.

Yes dietary causes like acid reflux can cause pain especially in the upper middle abdomen.

I do think you are quite nervous from your symptoms and need some reassurance from your doctors and counselling.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my doctors seem to have done evertyhing. i just dont know what else that could be causing this.

I understand your worry and it's my priority to serve in every aspect.
If your grey stools persists for more than 3 days then you need to undergo Stool analysis for further evaluation.
Persistent Grey stools can indicate a problem with the biliary system.
Bile is what gives the characteristic color to our stools.
However as your CT scan is fine so it is less likely to be biliary disorder.
Take Metamucil and start a probiotic.
Drink plenty of fluids.
These variations in bowel movements are not a sign of pancreatic problems as well.
Also stress can affect your bowel movements because your bowels are controlled by your parasympathetic nervous system.
When you are more stressed, then your sympathetic nervous system is more active, and you can have more frequent bowel movements, changes in stool characteristics, normal diarrhea, etc.
I hope this helps.
Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.
If you have any further query then feel free to ask.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.